Hello! I’m Will Dearman.
I lead, develop, and manage business and technical data teams established for critical initiatives including:
- Establishing data management and data governance functions
- Identifying, triaging, and prioritizing permanent resolution of material data defects
- Responding to regulatory mandates for quality improvement
- Designing and building data models, taxonomies, data pipelines and infrastructure to support advanced analytics.
- Senior Manager, US Finance Data Analytics & Reporting at Bank of Montreal Harris Bank (2016 to present)
Lead and manage a 7 person data analyst team through data production and data management projects.
- Capital Analysis & Review Senior at GE Capital (2015-2016)
Hired to build and lead new analytics team improving quality of regulatory reporting. After business strategy changed, I led a team completing multi-year regulatory restatements.
- Vice President; Data Support Manager at Bank of America (2010-2015)
Grew from junior member of project team that developed comprehensive data platform (ETL from 12 systems, data collection via user interface, and reporting) to owner and leader of matrixed BAU data analytics and reporting team.
- Some graduate courses in data science from Northwestern University (Evanston, IL)
- B.A., Business from Trinity University (San Antonio, Texas) in 2005
- Certified Scrum Product Owner by Scrum Alliance (2016)
- Chicago, IL
I look forward to the opportunity to get in touch and learn about challenges with data in your organization.
will [at] willdearman.com